In this article, We will explain How to Expand Virtual Machine Hard Disk & Extend the Operating System Drive in Windows Server?
We have a Windows Server 2016 Virtual Machine, We want to extend the Operating System Drive, so we do the following:
- Expand Virtual Machine Hard Disk.
- Open Vmware Workstation > Open the Virtual Machine.
- From the left side > Click on “Edit Virtual Machine settings”.
- At “Hardware” Tab > Click on “Hard Disk”.
- Below “Disk Utilities” > Click on “Expand” button > Set the required extended size.
- Now you must repartition the disk and expand the file systems from within the guest operating system.
|The disk was successfully expanded. You must repartition the disk and expand the file systems from within the guest operating system.
- Extend Hard Disk in Disk Management.
- Run Virtual Machine.
- Open Server Manager > File and Storage Services.
- Navigate to Disks >Right click on C:\ Drive > Select Extend Volume.
- The Extend dialog will be shown to set the New size.
- Set the New size > Click OK.
- You will get “Extend failed” status.
- Click on Extend failed to check the error details, you will get the below error:
|Error extending volume: Size Not Supported.
We also tried to repartition the hard disk through Computer Management but unfortunately, The Extend option is disabled.
Continue reading “Windows Server 2016: Expand Virtual Machine Hard Disk & Extend the Operating System Drive”
In some scenarios, you may need to share the same content to different types of users [Internal / External] through different URLs or different authentication types. In this case, you will need to extend your SharePoint web application.
Before we begin to explain How to extend a web application, you should first be aware of the following.
- When the web application is extended, a different Web Application and IIS are created.
- The main Web Application and the extended one will share the same Content Database.
- You can extend the web application to change the port number. Meanwhile, you can extend the web application to port 80 in case you use Host Header.
- Extending web application is used for extranet deployments in which different users access to the same content through different domains and different authentication type.
Below, I will show the simple steps to extend a SharePoint Web Application.
Continue reading “SharePoint 2016: Extend A Web Application”
In this hint, I’ll show How to Group By ‘Content-Type’ field in SharePoint list view?Scenario:
Continue reading “Group By Content-Type in SharePoint list view”
In this article, I’ll explain How to Migrate / Move a PWA Instance from one farm to another in Project Server 2013?
Project Server 2013 Migration Steps: Continue reading “Project Server 2013 Migration from Staging to Production Farm”
In this article, I’ll explain How to show and hide fields based on a Choice field selection in ‘New Form’, ‘Edit Form’ and ‘Display Form’ in SharePoint 2013 / 2016 via SPUtility.js?
- Download SPUtility.js.
- Upload the downloaded file (SPUtility.js) to an appropriate place in SharePoint Site like ‘Style Library’.
- Create a Custom list.
- Add a choice field displayed as ‘Drop-Down Menu‘.
- Fill your choices as you need.
- Add the fields that you need to show or hide based on the selected value of choice field.
Continue reading “Show / Hide fields based on a dropdown selection using SPUtility.js”
In this hint, I’ll elaborate How to show/hide a DIV tag based on a user existence in a specific group with a specific permission in SharePoint via SPServices?Scenario:
Consider you have a SharePoint Page that holds a 2 Script Editor Web Part or more, and each Script Editor Web Part has its independent DIV as shown below.Now, you need to hide the left (DIV) with ‘
< div id="ID1"> Qassas div ID1< /div >‘ from all users who belong to a specific SharePoint Group in your SharePoint site.
Steps: Continue reading “Show / Hide a DIV tag based on a user group in SharePoint via SPServices”
In this hint, I’ll show How to Install Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 to avoid Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017.
By dint of the “New Installation Experience (Workloads)” in Visual Studio 2017 that allow to Install Office Developer Tools directly without download Office Developer Tools from the Web Platform Installer as was in previous versions of Visual Studio.
Continue reading “Missing Office / SharePoint template in Visual Studio 2017”