Did you find it difficult to count the number of total projects in the Project Center in ProjectServer?
Do you want to know how many projects that are Not Started, In progress, Finished without developing any reports?
If you want to get this information at the push of a button! you have to try the free google extension Project Center Totalize!
What’s Project Center Totalize?
Project Center Totalize is a free Google extension that calculates the Projects status and the total number of displayed projects in the Project Center easily and smoothly!
- Easy to download and use.
- Supports Arabic and English MUI.
- Supports All Project Server versions (Tested on Project Server 2016 / 2013).
- Calculates the total number of displayed projects in Project Center.
- Calculates the number of total projects based on the Filter & Group settings.
- Calculates project’s status based on the Project Start and End date.
- Not Started.
- In Progress.
Check Project Center Totalize Features in details
Install Project Center Totalize
- Click on Project Center Totalize.
- Click on ‘Add To Chrome’ button.
- Wait a moment until the extension installation is finished.
How to use Project Center Totalize?
- Once the Project Center Totalize is installed.
- Open your PWA Instance > Go to Project Center.
- If you want, use Filter or Group setting as you prefer, Then Hit Project Center Totalize icon to calculate the status and the total number of Projects in Project Center.
In case the current Page is not Project Center, or the current site is not PWA Instance, you will get this message.
Please make sure that the current page is the Project Center Page!!
Tips to use Project Center Totalize
In order to get Project Center Totalize work as expected, you should be aware of the following:
- Make sure that the below four columns have been shown in your Project Center.
- Info column.
- Project Name.
- The Project Center Totalize has been tested on
- Project Server 2016 (Arabic & English).
- Project Server 2013 (Arabic & English).
- It’s not tested on Project online but it is designed to support Project Online.
- The Project Center Totalize has been tested to count ~1000 projects in Project Center. So if you have more than 1000 projects and you face any issue to calculate the number of the total projects correctly, please don’t hesitate to report this as an issue by filling the below form at the end of this article.
- In Project Server 2016,
- The first click on the Project Center Totalize Extension will calculate the number of total projects in the default view.
- To show all projects, you should click (only one-time) on the Project tab > Zoom In.
- Click now on the Project Center Totalize Extension to get the number of total projects rather than the default view.
Note: if you already installed Project Center Totalize please don’t forget to click on update extension button in Google Chrome > Extensions > Check Devloper mode > Update extensoions now to get the new fixes (Last fix “0.0.0.5” 23/13/2017).
- Project Server 2016.
- Project Server 2013.
- Project Online.
Please, if you face any issue to use Project Center Totalize or you have any suggestions. Please, don’t hesitate to report this by filling the below form! I fully appreciated your feedback 🙂
- SharePoint Detector Google extension.