In this article, I will explain how to
Migrate from Project Server 2013 to Project Server 2016 Step By Step?
Upgrade to Project Server 2016 Prerequisites
Before we get started, you should check the below Project Server 2016 Migration Prerequisites.
In Project Server 2013 Source Farm,
- Make sure that the current Project Server 2013 farm is at least patched to Service Pack1.
To get the latest SharePoint Cumulative Update installed check Find farm patch level / latest cumulative update that has been installed on SharePoint farm
- Specify the Web Application content databases.
- Specify the PWA instance with its ‘Project Web App‘ database.
- Take a full database backup for the PWA instance database.
- Take a full database backup for the Project content databases.
In Project Server 2016 Destination Farm,
- Prepare Project Server 2016 farm.
- Take a full database backup from the Content Database.
Note: In Project Server 2016, a single database (SharePoint Content Database) holds the project data and the content to facilitate the database operations, such as backup and restore, migration, etc.
In next section, I will explain the Project Server 2016 Migration prerequisites in details